I am a
- Software Development Engineer with Amazon.
- Tech enthusiast.
- Hobbyist photographer.
Software Development Engineer at Amazon | August 2015 – Present
- Currently building engineering solutions to complex price computation methodologies in the Amazon Freight space to increase price competitiveness.
- Designed and developed part of the Seller Central UI backend and part of the notifications system of Sold-By-Amazon to keep sellers informed of changes to their ASIN’s as fast as possible with the minimum number of messages.
- Developed software to reduce fraud in the 3P Amazon marketplace by deprecating legacy systems in favour of more feature-rich and maintainable newer systems.
Software Developer with Tango Analytics LLC | June 2014 – August 2015
- Designed a data type for spatial objects for the Pentaho Data Integration platform. Enabled PDI to be used for spatial operations along with ETL operations.
- Developed several steps for spatial operations for the Pentaho Data Integration platform. Worked on algorithms to change between projection systems and computations like polygon split, drive time and trade area computations, computation of spatial information on geometries and geocoding abilities.
- Collaborated in the design and development of the R suite platform. Developed utilities and components to connect R with JAVA code to deploy statistical models as web services.
- Developed service-oriented architecture based pipeline for internal services. The system increased productivity by enabling interaction between otherwise disparate systems.
Software Developer Intern with Tango Analytics LLC | January 2014 – May 2014
- Developed two plugins for Alteryx that determined trade area and point to point driving distance “on-the-fly”, thus increasing the productivity of analysts.
- Developed a service-oriented based architecture that made the services de-coupled and gave way to more optimization options.
- Developed an Alteryx plugin for processing a large number of records automatically using the SOA infrastructure (point 2).
Software Development Engineer Intern with Amazon | May 2013 – August 2013
- Developed a new transmuting process in JAVA using generated code instead of visitor pattern which made the codebase simpler and gained a performance increase of 18%.
- Previously, the service-oriented architecture ran using a visitor pattern – analyzed alternative methods and realized that the current end-result was degraded-performance and was very hard to debug when errors arose – made a new solution with a simpler codebase and better error/fault detection.
Systems Engineer at Infosys | November 2010 – October 2012
- Developed and maintained Microsoft’s internal applications pertaining to batch jobs.
- Monitored servers for performance and failures and supported Microsoft staff and vendors.
- Wrote batch jobs and monitors to detect failures automatically which greatly increased productivity and
efficiency (especially during weekends/holidays).
- Maintained some of Microsoft’s internal applications, monitored servers pertaining to these applications and fine-tuned databases.
- Master’s in Computer Science from The University of Texas at Dallas, May 2014.
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering from Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, May 2010.